He suggests you use them for gift giving because “nothing says you care like a used baby food jar and some old guitar string”. Ha.
You could always jazz it up with paint. A few bright ladybugs might be cute or fish for an angler. That would actually make a good Father’s Day present that children could create. Supply a few back up tea lights and he’s good to go fishing in the evening.
Weaving the wire around the jar and creating the handle makes it a handy little lantern to have on hand. I haven’t had babies around in awhile and for that reason I might stick with tin cans and canning jars.
See Jeff’s article called Camping homemade DIY candle lantern for the full tutorial.
- Mini Lantern Provides Portable Light
- Candle Country’s Donuts, Bears and More
- Baby Food Jar Mosaic Candle Holders
- Holiday Baby Food Jar Candle Holder Tutorial
- Video Tutorial for Garden Tea Light Holder