Kapula candles began in the sixties and Ilse Appelgryn’s aunt and mother used WedgewoodÂ and Delft porcelain designs initially for inspiration.
As they expanded and grew more daring, designs used for these Kapula candles began including bright geometric patterns, camouflage spots and bright ethnic designs from various other indigenous cultures.
Animals used include giraffes, crocodiles and ostriches giving the candles a safari feel.
All Gekko gallery’s products are handmade and imported from South Africa reflecting their unique style and colorful culture. To see more of their treasures, check out Gekko Gallery’s main page.
- Hand Painted Art from Kapula Candles
- Get Candle Samples at The Crafty Sampler
- Hand Painted Candle Tart and Oil Burners
- Crystal Skull Candle from Lisa Carrier Designs
- Michaels Blogger Event Day 1