If you’re getting ready to party, it may be too late to buy candles for your St. Patrick’s Day party décor. Here are some quick candle hack ideas to transform your blasé candles into Irish party centerpieces!
1. Paint plain pillar candles with shamrocks, words or Celtic knots. If you can’t draw it by hand, use the transfer method with tissue or trace the pattern from paper. To simply add a bit of green, try green stripes or polka dots.
2. Sprinkle green confetti around your candles. Festive St. Patrick Day shapes would be even better.
3. Wrap ribbons around your candles and secure them with straight pins. Look for leprechauns, green hearts, shamrocks, or just grab some pretty green ribbon.
4. Another easy transfer method involves temporary tattoos. See a beautiful example from Richella at Imparting Grace.
5. Don’t forget to use a festive table cloth! It truly makes a difference and adds a fun backdrop to your candle display.
For more see: St. Patrick Day Candle Ideas
- St. Patrick’s Day Candle Ideas
- Quilled(-ish) Heart Candle Holder
- Stamping on Candles
- Green Clothespin Candle Holder
- Embossed Candle Wrapper Project